Saturday, January 26, 2013

Formal Livingroom Updates

We rarely use our formal living room. Do people really use their formal living rooms??
We quickly started realizing that, even with company over, we use our causal living room 99.9% of the time. SO, when someone offered us a free upright piano, not only did I say HECK YEA...but I also knew exactly where to put it. The formal living room. Duh.

But before I show you the after, lets walk down memory lane...

Before (like, I'm talkin BEFORE BEFORE): 

 




The picture below was about 6 weeks after moving in. The wood floors STILL hadn't come in. We were literally living on Kilz-ed sub-floors. HOWEVER, my wonderful mother came up and decorated our house sans the wood floors.
Here challenge was to use ONLY things we already owned. ONLY. Ya feel? 
We did end up going to Homegoods and Ikea the day after this picture:

And finally, we're at the After/Current state. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but my awesome mom made another trip up here at Christmas time (along with the rest of my extended family) and she made this room beautiful while making it a functional piano room. 
Mom's are awesome like that...
{silver lamps are from Homegoods, animal head and cowhide rug is courtesy of my husband, jute rug is from Pottery Barn, painting, yellow lamp and couch were all thrift finds, chairs were free from a previous land lord...as you can see, we didn't spend a ton on this room}

{$50 craigslit find. Have I mentioned how much I love craigslist??}


Thanks mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment